Municipal Liability Lawyers NYC
Municipal liability claims can result from many causes, including defective public housing facilities, falls on cracked or broken sidewalks and roadways, defective traffic signs or signals, dangerous municipal parking lots, police brutality, subway or bus accidents, or assaults resulting from improper security.
Regardless of your claim type, the attorneys at Arye, Lustig & Sassower, P.C., are dedicated to ensuring you receive just and fair compensation for your physical and emotional injuries and any financial losses caused by municipal negligence.
Fighting For Victims Of Municipal Negligence For More Than 50 Years
Our firm has been handling municipal liability cases in New York for more than half a century. We have an exceptional record of successful verdicts and settlements. We are prepared to handle a wide range of municipality liability litigation against any New York City department or municipality, including:
- Public transportation accidents, including subway, commuter train, and bus crashes, resulting in severe injuries and death
- Claims by municipal employees, including teachers, firefighters, police, and sanitation workers
- Accusations by students and their parents of improper actions at school, including sexual abuse and teacher misconduct
- Accidents at playgrounds and schools resulting in injury
- Inadequate municipal housing maintained by New York City or the New York City Housing Authority, including security failures
- Allegations against the police, including claims of police misconduct, brutality and false arrest
- Serious injury as a result of failures by the Metropolitan Transportation Authority or NYC Transit Authority
- Accusations that negligent road design caused or contributed to a motor vehicle accident
- Claims involving public hospitals and other New York City health departments, including those stemming from surgical errors and medication errors
- Sidewalk injury caused by broken or defectively designed sidewalks, roadways, crosswalks, or curbs
- Municipal liability lawsuits involving city employees where their actions or negligence has resulted in personal injuries
If you believe you have a municipal liability claim, you must contact an experienced lawyer quickly. Unlike in other personal injury litigation, in municipal litigation, a notice of claim generally must be filed with the relevant municipality or government agency within 90 days of the accident to preserve your right to file a lawsuit. Other procedural requirements must be complied with, or your claim may be barred.
Sample Municipal Liability Lawsuit Results
- $2,000,000 settlement for a motorist whose car was struck by a police car traveling in the wrong direction during a pursuit and struck our client’s vehicle head-on.
- $750,000 settlement for municipal liability for a 44-year-old woman who slipped and fell on ice in front of the courthouse, with a fracture of her right ankle that required surgery with open reduction and internal fixation and shoulder injury.
- $600,000 settlement for a client who, after being beaten and kicked by police officers, suffered a ruptured bladder that required surgery. We successfully obtained a settlement even though the criminal prosecution of the police officers resulted in acquittals.
Contact Our New York Municipal Liability Attorneys | We Can Answer Your Questions
If you or a family member suffered serious injuries as a result of negligence on the part of a city, county or state agency, contact the municipal negligence lawyers at Arye, Lustig & Sassower, P.C., by email, call our Manhattan offices locally at 212-732-4992 or call us toll free at 800-574-4LAW. Your first consultation with an attorney at our firm is free. Also, you will owe no attorney’s fees unless we secure compensation for you.